We offer our financial support and our volunteer hours to countless causes and organizations. Employees are “excused” from work for community service and many serve on boards of various non-profit and service organizations. The partner group has a standing policy – any organization or charity that an employee is passionate about is given the firm’s financial backing and support.
The firm, itself, is a strong supporter of community events, non-profits, and charitable organizations such as:
- United Way
- Junior Achievement
- Association of Visual Artists
- Land Trust for Tennessee
- Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure
- McKamey Animal Shelter
- Kids on the Block
- Bethel Bible Village
- Creative Discovery Museum
- Siskin Children’s Institute
- Signal Centers
Alone - and in partnership with a local bank - our firm has built two Habitat for Humanity homes in recent years. We have adopted a Guatemalan child (including paying for his education), and one of our partners regularly cooks breakfast at the local community kitchen. These are just a few examples of how our firm gives back to our community and beyond.
The firm is also an active supporter of community growth through our involvement in the Chamber of Commerce’s Can-Do Initiative and is a Silver Level Chamber Champion. HHM is also proud to be one of only four companies in the city to serve as a Corporate Cornerstone Partner for the United Way, the highest level of sponsorship attainable.
Our firm has been recognized in various ways for its commitment to corporate responsibility including the following:
- 2005 Chamber of Commerce Small Business of the Year Award
- 2006 Chattanooga American Business Ethics Award
- 2007 Young Professionals Friendly Employer of the Year
- 2008 Corporate Philanthropist of the Year from the Association of Fundraising Professionals, Southeastern Tennessee Chapter
- 2009 Cornerstone Historic Preservation Award
- 2009 Named one of the Best Accounting Firms to Work for by Accounting Today