Manage and support a team of 5+ accounting and tax professionals in providing business owners with knowledge and foresight needed to strategically advise and navigate: complex financial decisions, business planning, strategic growth, forecasts and modeling. This position will report to the lead department partner.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Track all stages of mergers and acquisitions from planning to implementation and evaluation of tax consequences
- Guide complex methods of financing, tax and strategic planning as well as operation support
- Year end tax planning, succession planning and estate and trust consulting
- Serve as a mentor while also training and developing current and new staff specifically in advisory services
- Identify opportunities for department growth through investing time and commitment to current clients and seeking out new ones
- Monitor, analyze and ensures accurate tax recording in the company’s financial accounting system
- Leverage / delegate work while also gaining complete understanding of firm policies and procedures
- Serve as a key reviewer and writer finalizing terms and conditions related to management and advisory transactions
- Other duties as assigned by lead partner
Education – Bachelor’s in Accounting, Finance, Business Management or Marketing, CPA preferred
Experience – Minimum of 7 years’ experience with proven advisory skills with ability to multitask while solving complex issues. Legal background with ability to interpret and write various purchase agreements.
Prioritize in order to meet planned and changing deadlines. Track record for being reliable, improving efficiency and thinking outside the box required.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities – Proficient in accounting software with strong writing capabilities and superior Excel skills. Tax experience in one or more of the areas preferred: automotive dealerships, real estate, manufacturing and distribution, merger and acquisition advisory and business start up services. Strong attention to detail with excellent accuracy of all information. Ability to present information both orally and in writing. Motivated to work in a team environment or as an individual contributor. Must have initiative and the ability to advise on quality decisions.
To apply, fill out this form below: