Deliver excellent tax planning and preparation services to clients in many different fields including start-ups, private equity funds, medical, trucking, retail, construction, healthcare, restaurants, auto dealerships, manufacturing, hospitality, technology, real estate and others. Research and planning on mergers, acquisitions and succession. Opportunity for advancement is available based on experience and qualifications.
- Review complicated or unusual tax returns, tax documents, changing tax strategies and new tax laws
- Oversee multiple tax project planning while keeping in mind individual client solutions where research and thought and past best practices yields best results
- Prepare written correspondence and guidance for submission to the IRS or other taxing authorities
- Trains, mentors and works with CPA firm staff professionals serving as an industry expert and technical tax resource
- Monitor tax law developments and communicate the effects to management and firm to maintain effective risk procedures over all aspects of the tax process
- Carry out thoughtful strategies to influence clients to move to actions, while exercising quality control skills to assure proper documentation and tax filings on their behalf
- Gain complete understanding of firm policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned within the tax department
Education – Bachelor’s in Accounting or Finance with an active CPA License – Advanced degree strongly preferred
Experience – Minimum of 5-10 years’ reviewing complicated tax returns at a national or regional level is a plus. Proven project management skills with ability to multitask, prioritize and plan to meet re-occurring and changing deadlines. Track record for being a self-starter, reliable, improving efficiency and striving to continue to grow industry knowledge base.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities – Proficient in accounting software such as ProSystems, Engagement, CCH, Asset Keeper and RIA with strong Excel skills. Excellent interpersonal communication and written skills. Capable of working and relating with all levels of clients from start up to high net worth clients. Attention to detail with accuracy of all information. Ability to present information both orally and in writing. Work in a team environment. Must have initiative and the ability to explain pros and cons of tax consultation and advice.
To apply, fill out this form below: