Tennessee 2019 Sales Tax Holiday
July 17, 2019 | Lauren Crowe
The annual Tennessee sales tax holiday is the perfect weekend to purchase school supplies, clothing, and computers without the additional fees of sales tax. The qualified items are not only limited to those mentioned above, but have a large range of eligible purchases. Keep in mind the advantage of the tax-free holiday is only available for personal use purchases and business items are still considered taxable.
The Tennessee tax-free weekend begins Friday, July 26th at 12:01 a.m. and ends Sunday, July 28th at 11:59 p.m. Below is a list of included and excluded tax-free purchases.
Qualifies as tax-free:
- General clothing that cost $100 or less per item (shirts, pants, jackets, socks, shoes, dresses, etc.)
- School and art supplies that cost $100 or less per item
- Computers, laptops, and tablets that cost $1,500 or less
- Jewelry and handbags
- Sports and recreational equipment
- Computer parts; such as keyboards, monitors, hard drives, and software
- Video game consoles
- Printers and supplies
- Electronic readers (Kindles, Nooks, etc.)
- Cell phones and smart-phones
For a full listing, please visit www.tntaxholiday.com.